PLEASE RETURN TO: email@example.com
Most answers are contained in the EDJSA yearbook or on the EDJSA web Site.
1. What is the EDJSA vision correction policy?
They don't have one
Require a letter from an optometrist stating that the glasses are sports safe
Any glasses are ok as long as they are tapped to their head and can't fall off
2. What are the player’s responsibilities on game day if wearing glasses?
a. Produce optometrist’s letter for the referee to see
b. Ensure glasses are secured to their head
c. Only need to show letter at beginning of season so don't need to do anything.
What jewellery is allowed to be worn during any EDJSA sanctioned game or training?
a. Any as long as it not dangerous
b. As above but tapped down
c. Only medical alert bracelets or necklaces may be worn but must be tapped down
4. When can a player not wear shin guards?
a. Shin pads are not compulsory
b. During all training sessions and games
c. Not if they are wearing track pant
5. If a player is wearing bicycle tights under their shorts what colour should they be?
a. Any colour
b. Skin colour
c. Same colour as shorts
6. When and where can alcohol be consumed at a sanctioned EDJSA event?
a. O.K. as long as it is 10 meters from the players
b. Only in licensed premises
c. O.K. for Sunday games only
7. Whose responsibility is it to police this policy?
b. The ground Marshal and coach
c. The referee
9. Who is allowed to coach or assist in coaching an EDJSA sanctioned team.
a. The manager or parent
b. Only sanctioned EDJSA coaches
c. Anybody as long as they know what they are doing
10. What permission must be obtained before photographing or videoing any EDJSA sanctioned game?
a. The referee and ground marshal
b. There are no restrictions on photographing or videoing games
c. You are allowed to video or photograph until you are asked to stop by a parent or guardian
11. What are the major responsibilities of a club ground marshal?
a. To site themselves in the clubrooms or canteen so everybody knows where they are
b. To put on the jacket and stay with their team and help the coach and manager
c. To act as a liaison with the referee, ensure that all spectators remain behind the honour line and ensure that all spectators behave in a responsible manner
d. Act as assistant referee (linesperson)
12. How many games can a player play for another team within their club and within their age restrictions before being bound to that team?
Is it permissible for a player to play with a cast on their arm?
a. Yes as long as it’s covered in protective coating i.e. foam
c. Up to the referees discretion
At what age group do players have to have I.D cards? When do these cards have to be produced?
a. U/9, if the referee asks to see them
b. U/9, if the opposition coach or an EDJSA official asks to see them
c. U/10, if an EDJSA official asks to see them
Is the coach or manager allowed to approach or question the referee at any stage before, during or after a game?
b. Yes to ascertain if they are the referee for that game
c. Yes as long as it’s done in a non-confrontational manner
If when signing the match card a player has been booked or the wrong score recorded and the coach disagrees what is the correct procedure to follow?
a. Tell the referee and he will change it, and then sign the card
b. Sign the card then inform the club secretary who will contact the association
c. Don’t sign the card and then inform the club secretary who will contact the association
How many interchanges are allowed during a game?
b. Referees discretion
When are these changes allowed?
a. Any time
c. When the ball is out of play
Who gives permission for the interchange?
a. The referee
b. The assistant referee (lines person)
c. No permission required
Where does the interchange occur?
a. From the side line closest to where the player coming off is
b. From the half way line on either side
c. Through the interchange box on the half way line
Who is responsible for providing the change strip if required?
a. The home team
b. The away team
c. Just use bibs
What colour does the goalkeeper’s top have to be?
a. A distinguishable colour to that of both teams
b. Green or yellow
c. Doesn’t matter as long as the referee approves
When substituting the goalkeeper at half time what must be done before play recommences?
a. Change their top
b. Inform the opposition coach
c. Inform the referee of the change and the player’s numbers and change their top
What is the minimum playing time a player must have each game (cup rounds exempt)?
a. Up to the discretion of the coach
c. No designated limit
Whose responsibility is it to provide the match card and return it to EDJSA by 2pm on the Sunday?
b. The away team
c. The home club
26. What size balls are used on the mini pitch?
a. Size 4
b. Size 3
c. Size 5
27. What size balls are used on the full pitch and what ages do they apply?
a. Size 4 all age groups
b. Size 4 U/9 – U/12; Size 5 U/13 - Colts
c. Size 4 U/9 – U/13; Size 5 U/14 - Colts
Where is the offside rule applied from on a modified rules pitch?
a. Inside the penalty area
b. From a line drawn across the pitch level with the top of the penalty area
c. From the half way line
In EDJSA what is the emphasis for the players?
a Get fit
b Make friends
c Enjoy themselves in a safe controlled environment
d Teach them the skills of the game and being part of a team
e All of the above
30. How many players are allowed on the pitch in the u/6, 7 and 8’s respectively?
a. U/6 – U/7; 10 players
b. U/6 – U/8; 10 players
c. U/6 – U/8; 12 players
Who is responsible for ensuring all home-modified games u/6-u/8 have an official referee?
a. The home club
31. Under what set of rules do the u/9 to colts operate under?
Who is allowed inside the technical area?
The coach, assistant coach and manager
The coach and interchange players
It is there to store the players equipment
Only the coach
33. Is the manager allowed to coach?
Yes if the coach is not there
No if they are not qualified
34. When filling out a match card how is the player to be identified.
Full Christian name
Initial for Christian name and correct spelling for surname.
35. If the above is incorrect what are the ramifications?
b. team charged with playing an unregistered player.
c. Game replayed with correct match card filled out.
36. As a manager of a team do you accept the duty of care of the players whilst the coach is on the field of play? (Assuming no assistant coach)
37. Who do you contact with a dispute over what is reported on the match card?
The referee’s association
Ring EDJSA general secretary
Inform your club secretary
38. If approached in an aggressive manner by an opposition, coach, manager, or parent what is the correct course of action to follow?
Argue back and tell them they should be quite
Ignore them and Inform the ground Marshall
Tell the referee
39. What is the purpose of the honour line? And whose responsibility is it to controlled It.?
To allow teams a place where the substitutes can stand, controlled by the coach
A space for the coach and assistant referee, controlled by the assistant referee
To keep spectators a safe distance from the playing area and allowing room for the assistant referee and is controlled by the ground Marshall.
40. Who has the responsibility of suppling the ground Marshall?
The home team
The away team
Both teams have to supply a ground Marshall for every game.